Feelings are such tricky things.
They can be as wonderful as the prettiest of sunsets, or as terrible as the darkest night.
These two polarities join together and form an insatiable bond inside the heart, which rages on and on.
A merciless duo they are. Lying in wait, seeking to make an utter fool of you the next time you see those glimmering eyes or hear any words from that certain voice...
All the while, their victim is left stunned, never quite knowing if such hope is consuming that overwhelming sense of dread or whether these wonderful feelings are instead plunging the heart deeper and deeper into terror & despair. Which will prevail?
Such a fine line... Yet it feels like the weight of the whole Wonderful world is teetering right on the edge... never knowing which side it may come tumbling down upon.
There is nothing more wonderful, yet nothing more singularity terrifying!
Persistently and relentlessly these feelings continue to haunt.
They play their little games... Heart racing... Forgetting how to breathe... Not knowing what to say...
Exhausted and discouraged. Lonely and yearning. Deep inside my heart is burning.
Oh wait! A glimmer of hope!
No...
Nevermind, it's all in my head...
OH what a SILLY human I am with FEELINGS...
Yet God is my steady hand.
The unchanging Holy One is in control!
My feelings... I can forsake them...
My future... I don't have to chase it...
I am free to live humbly, steadfastly before the cross!
In Jesus I can rest. In Him, I am complete and fully satisfied!
Comments
Post a Comment